Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Back from the land of the .... great wall??!! (continued)

Okay, last time I wrote on this topic was about some of the Chinese people's response towards the foreign people in their country. I guess that's enough of that for now...

Hmm, it was actually the beginning of summer while I was there. The tour guide (..."kita syudah syampei..." -ehehe!) told us that that is the ideal time to visit China, whereas it's not too hot & not too cold. Although the sun was shining brightly, but the wind was cool. Surprisingly, we didn't sweat that much eventhough we did a lot of walking around (Note: To those who aren't really my pals, that trip was my 1st trip to a 4-seasoned country, so please don't perceive me as being 'too naive'.. got it?). The funny thing was when there were people who asked us, the ladies, whenever we're wearing baju kurung or long-sleeved t-shirts + 'tudung' (hijab @ head coverings)... "Why are you wearing so much clothes even when it is hot?"
Well, it took a great deal of explanation to get the message across, but I guess everyone has his/her own curiosity towards the unfamiliar situations.

When we first arrived in Beijing, it was already almost sunset so we didn't really get to see much since everybody was tired (jet-lag!). But the highway was huge and surprisingly clean, and so is the rest of the Beijing city. What really excites me was the flowers that is being used for the city's greenery landscape... lots of colourful roses, lovely morning glories, chrysanthemums, daisies (I think). Honestly, I wasn't really a big fan of roses (I prefer tulips though) but the moment I laid my eyes upon the roses (which was practically planted in almost anywhere in Beijing)... I went gaga over it...damn!

(to be continued...)

No comments: